Ty Kelly’s go-ahead home run in the sixth inning powered the Tacoma Rainiers to a 5-4 victory over the Las Vegas 51s at Cheney Stadium on Thursday night.
Tacoma (52-53) trailed 3-1 through five innings before taking the lead for good with four runs on four hits in the sixth. Nick Franklin brought the Rainiers within a run after hitting an RBI double that scored Abraham Almonte. Three batters later, Kelly blasted a three-run home run that put Tacoma on top for good.
Boise (23-17) jumped out to a 5-1 lead after two innings and went on to a 7-3 victory over the host AquaSox (12-28) on Thursday night.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Jammed-up I-405 forcing some buses to the shoulder
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled