Ty Kelly’s go-ahead home run in the sixth inning powered the Tacoma Rainiers to a 5-4 victory over the Las Vegas 51s at Cheney Stadium on Thursday night.
Tacoma (52-53) trailed 3-1 through five innings before taking the lead for good with four runs on four hits in the sixth. Nick Franklin brought the Rainiers within a run after hitting an RBI double that scored Abraham Almonte. Three batters later, Kelly blasted a three-run home run that put Tacoma on top for good.
Boise (23-17) jumped out to a 5-1 lead after two innings and went on to a 7-3 victory over the host AquaSox (12-28) on Thursday night.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain