Tacoma trailed Salt Lake 5-0 with two outs in the top of the fifth inning at Cheney Stadium Friday night when the game was suspended.
TACOMA — Tacoma’s Pacific Coast League home opener Friday night was suspended because of rain in the top of the fifth inning with Salt Lake leading the Rainiers, 5-0.
The game was scoreless until the fifth, when the Bees got all their runs after two outs.
The game, which drew 5,491 to Cheney Stadium, will be completed before Saturday’s regularly scheduled 5 p.m. game.
The Bees’ five runs against Rainiers starter James Paxton were all earned.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman Fogle after raid at home
- Get rid of single-family zoning? These conversations shouldn’t be secret