Tacoma trailed Salt Lake 5-0 with two outs in the top of the fifth inning at Cheney Stadium Friday night when the game was suspended.
TACOMA — Tacoma’s Pacific Coast League home opener Friday night was suspended because of rain in the top of the fifth inning with Salt Lake leading the Rainiers, 5-0.
The game was scoreless until the fifth, when the Bees got all their runs after two outs.
The game, which drew 5,491 to Cheney Stadium, will be completed before Saturday’s regularly scheduled 5 p.m. game.
The Bees’ five runs against Rainiers starter James Paxton were all earned.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done