Carlos Triunfel went 3 for 4 and scored twice as the Tacoma Rainiers got 11 hits and held on for a 7-6 win over the visiting Reno Aces in...
TACOMA — Carlos Triunfel went 3 for 4 and scored twice as the Tacoma Rainiers got 11 hits and held on for a 7-6 win over the visiting Reno Aces in a Pacific Coast League game Friday night.
Tacoma (18-10) starter James Paxton improved to 2-2 after allowing two hits and striking out nine in five innings in front of 5,801 at Cheney Stadium.
The Rainiers jumped on Reno (9-19) starter Chase Anderson early and built a 5-0 lead after a four-run second inning. Anderson (1-4) gave up 10 hits over 5-1/3 innings and allowed all seven runs, six of them earned.
Nate Tenbrink led off with a solo shot in the first inning and went 2 for 4 with three RBI.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Reports: Seattle Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch out at least four weeks, set for surgery Wednesday
Most Read Stories
The Aces got five runs in the seventh inning off relievers Tyler Burgoon and Logan Bawcom, but the Rainiers held on with closer Danny Farquhar earning the save.
From web reports.