Carlos Triunfel hit a three-run homer and Luis Rodriguez and Mike Carp added solo shots as Tacoma won 14-9 in a Pacific Coast League game.
SALT LAKE CITY — Carlos Triunfel hit a three-run homer and Luis Rodriguez and Mike Carp added solo shots as the Tacoma Rainiers hammered Salt Lake Bees pitchers again in a 14-9 Pacific Coast League victory Sunday.
The Rainiers (38-51), coming off a 13-5 win on Saturday, pounded 15 hits and seven doubles. Triunfel drove in five runs. Mike Wilson went 4 for 5 with four doubles, four runs and three RBI. Carp finished 3 for 5 with a pair of doubles.
at Vancouver 6
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
Most Read Stories
Patrick Kivlehan homered twice and drove in five runs and Jean Acevedo hit his first homer of the season as the AquaSox (17-7) put on a display of power. Six of Everett’s nine hits were for extra bases.
Dominic Leone (3-0) won it in relief, allowing a hit in three scoreless innings.