Carlos Triunfel hit a three-run homer and Luis Rodriguez and Mike Carp added solo shots as Tacoma won 14-9 in a Pacific Coast League game.
SALT LAKE CITY — Carlos Triunfel hit a three-run homer and Luis Rodriguez and Mike Carp added solo shots as the Tacoma Rainiers hammered Salt Lake Bees pitchers again in a 14-9 Pacific Coast League victory Sunday.
The Rainiers (38-51), coming off a 13-5 win on Saturday, pounded 15 hits and seven doubles. Triunfel drove in five runs. Mike Wilson went 4 for 5 with four doubles, four runs and three RBI. Carp finished 3 for 5 with a pair of doubles.
at Vancouver 6
- Strange but true: Mammoth catfish caught in Italy, and great white shark lurking off Washington coast
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
Most Read Stories
Patrick Kivlehan homered twice and drove in five runs and Jean Acevedo hit his first homer of the season as the AquaSox (17-7) put on a display of power. Six of Everett’s nine hits were for extra bases.
Dominic Leone (3-0) won it in relief, allowing a hit in three scoreless innings.