Abraham Almonte had two hits as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers dropped the team’s series finale against Sacramento, 6-1, on Sunday.
Almonte was 2 for 4 and was responsible for scoring the Rainiers’ run. The outfielder gave Tacoma a 1-0 edge in the fourth when he doubled, then scored on a wild pitch by River Cats starter Marcus Walden.
Tacoma’s lead held until the Sacramento scored four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
The Rainiers were limited to five hits.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit