Abraham Almonte had two hits as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers dropped the team’s series finale against Sacramento, 6-1, on Sunday.
Almonte was 2 for 4 and was responsible for scoring the Rainiers’ run. The outfielder gave Tacoma a 1-0 edge in the fourth when he doubled, then scored on a wild pitch by River Cats starter Marcus Walden.
Tacoma’s lead held until the Sacramento scored four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
The Rainiers were limited to five hits.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative