Abraham Almonte had two hits as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers dropped the team’s series finale against Sacramento, 6-1, on Sunday.
Almonte was 2 for 4 and was responsible for scoring the Rainiers’ run. The outfielder gave Tacoma a 1-0 edge in the fourth when he doubled, then scored on a wild pitch by River Cats starter Marcus Walden.
Tacoma’s lead held until the Sacramento scored four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
The Rainiers were limited to five hits.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam