Abraham Almonte had two hits as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers dropped the team’s series finale against Sacramento, 6-1, on Sunday.
Almonte was 2 for 4 and was responsible for scoring the Rainiers’ run. The outfielder gave Tacoma a 1-0 edge in the fourth when he doubled, then scored on a wild pitch by River Cats starter Marcus Walden.
Tacoma’s lead held until the Sacramento scored four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
The Rainiers were limited to five hits.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit