Abraham Almonte had two hits as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers dropped the team’s series finale against Sacramento, 6-1, on Sunday.
Almonte was 2 for 4 and was responsible for scoring the Rainiers’ run. The outfielder gave Tacoma a 1-0 edge in the fourth when he doubled, then scored on a wild pitch by River Cats starter Marcus Walden.
Tacoma’s lead held until the Sacramento scored four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
The Rainiers were limited to five hits.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte