Starting pitcher Jordan Pries threw seven shutout innings as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers topped the Memphis Redbirds 6-3 Thursday afternoon.
Memphis fell behind 5-0 for the second consecutive game, which began with a pair of RBI singles by Xavier Nady and Leury Bonilla. Abraham Almonte then broke it open with a three-run homer to left, his third of the season. Jabari Blash extended the Rainiers’ lead to 6-0 in the fifth with an RBI single to right.
Tommy Pham hit a three-run homer for the Redbirds in the eighth. Ed Easley and Stephen Piscotty each added two hits.
Pries (4-5) scattered six hits, walked none and struck out none.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners