Starting pitcher Jordan Pries threw seven shutout innings as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers topped the Memphis Redbirds 6-3 Thursday afternoon.
Memphis fell behind 5-0 for the second consecutive game, which began with a pair of RBI singles by Xavier Nady and Leury Bonilla. Abraham Almonte then broke it open with a three-run homer to left, his third of the season. Jabari Blash extended the Rainiers’ lead to 6-0 in the fifth with an RBI single to right.
Tommy Pham hit a three-run homer for the Redbirds in the eighth. Ed Easley and Stephen Piscotty each added two hits.
Pries (4-5) scattered six hits, walked none and struck out none.
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project