Jordan Pries allowed six hits in seven innings and Endy Chavez hit a two-run single as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers held off Sacramento for a 5-4 victory on Saturday night.
Pries (3-2) struck out six and walked one. He allowed one run, lowering his earned-run average to 1.85.
Chavez was 2 for 3. Nick Franklin was 2 for 2 and walked three times. Tacoma’s Gabriel Noriega was 3 for 4.
Tacoma led 5-1 entering the ninth before the River Cats made it interesting by scoring three runs.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified