Jordan Pries allowed six hits in seven innings and Endy Chavez hit a two-run single as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers held off Sacramento for a 5-4 victory on Saturday night.
Pries (3-2) struck out six and walked one. He allowed one run, lowering his earned-run average to 1.85.
Chavez was 2 for 3. Nick Franklin was 2 for 2 and walked three times. Tacoma’s Gabriel Noriega was 3 for 4.
Tacoma led 5-1 entering the ninth before the River Cats made it interesting by scoring three runs.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again