Jordan Pries allowed six hits in seven innings and Endy Chavez hit a two-run single as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers held off Sacramento for a 5-4 victory on Saturday night.
Pries (3-2) struck out six and walked one. He allowed one run, lowering his earned-run average to 1.85.
Chavez was 2 for 3. Nick Franklin was 2 for 2 and walked three times. Tacoma’s Gabriel Noriega was 3 for 4.
Tacoma led 5-1 entering the ninth before the River Cats made it interesting by scoring three runs.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says