Jordan Pries allowed six hits in seven innings and Endy Chavez hit a two-run single as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers held off Sacramento for a 5-4 victory on Saturday night.
Pries (3-2) struck out six and walked one. He allowed one run, lowering his earned-run average to 1.85.
Chavez was 2 for 3. Nick Franklin was 2 for 2 and walked three times. Tacoma’s Gabriel Noriega was 3 for 4.
Tacoma led 5-1 entering the ninth before the River Cats made it interesting by scoring three runs.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...