Jordan Pries allowed six hits in seven innings and Endy Chavez hit a two-run single as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers held off Sacramento for a 5-4 victory on Saturday night.
Pries (3-2) struck out six and walked one. He allowed one run, lowering his earned-run average to 1.85.
Chavez was 2 for 3. Nick Franklin was 2 for 2 and walked three times. Tacoma’s Gabriel Noriega was 3 for 4.
Tacoma led 5-1 entering the ninth before the River Cats made it interesting by scoring three runs.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected