TACOMA — Andrew Carraway allowed four hits and one earned run, leading the Tacoma Rainiers to a 2-1 victory over the Salt Lake Bees in the first of two seven-inning Pacific Coast League games Friday night.
Tacoma lost the second game 5-4 lead after blowing a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh inning.
In the opener, the Rainiers scored the winning run in the bottom of the sixth inning on a double by Julio Morban.
Morban had three of the Rainiers’ seven hits.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
Salt Lake scored four times in the top of the seventh of the second game. In the bottom of the inning, Tacoma scored a run and had the bases loaded, but Endy Chavez grounded into a game-ending double play.