TACOMA — Andrew Carraway allowed four hits and one earned run, leading the Tacoma Rainiers to a 2-1 victory over the Salt Lake Bees in the first of two seven-inning Pacific Coast League games Friday night.
Tacoma lost the second game 5-4 lead after blowing a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh inning.
In the opener, the Rainiers scored the winning run in the bottom of the sixth inning on a double by Julio Morban.
Morban had three of the Rainiers’ seven hits.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
Most Read Stories
Salt Lake scored four times in the top of the seventh of the second game. In the bottom of the inning, Tacoma scored a run and had the bases loaded, but Endy Chavez grounded into a game-ending double play.