TACOMA — Andrew Carraway allowed four hits and one earned run, leading the Tacoma Rainiers to a 2-1 victory over the Salt Lake Bees in the first of two seven-inning Pacific Coast League games Friday night.
Tacoma lost the second game 5-4 lead after blowing a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh inning.
In the opener, the Rainiers scored the winning run in the bottom of the sixth inning on a double by Julio Morban.
Morban had three of the Rainiers’ seven hits.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
Salt Lake scored four times in the top of the seventh of the second game. In the bottom of the inning, Tacoma scored a run and had the bases loaded, but Endy Chavez grounded into a game-ending double play.