TACOMA — Erasmo Ramirez and his Tacoma Rainiers couldn’t rebound after giving up three runs in the first inning as the Reno Aces posted a 3-2 victory Tuesday in Pacific Coast League baseball.
Ramirez, whose wife gave birth to twins Monday, recovered just fine and went six innings, giving up the three earned runs on six hits with five strikeouts and one walk.
Corey Hart, on a rehab assignment from the parent Mariners, had two hits to raise his average to .306. Jesus Montero and Gabriel Noriega also had two Tacoma hits.
At Hillsboro 3, Everett 1
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Jordan Cowan had two hits in a losing effort as the AquaSox (5-14) fell to the Hops (12-7).
From team reports