FRESNO, Calif. — The Tacoma Rainiers couldn’t hold a four-run lead in the eighth inning, losing 6-5 to the Fresno Grizzlies.
Tacoma led 5-1 after the top of the eighth inning, but Fresno scored four times in the bottom of the eighth, then won with a run in the bottom of the ninth inning.
Xavier Avery and Ji-Man Choi hit home runs for Tacoma.
Everett wins in 10th
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
Everett scored five runs in the top of the 10th inning to defeat host Boise 13-8. The AquaSox had 20 hits.