FRESNO, Calif. — The Tacoma Rainiers couldn’t hold a four-run lead in the eighth inning, losing 6-5 to the Fresno Grizzlies.
Tacoma led 5-1 after the top of the eighth inning, but Fresno scored four times in the bottom of the eighth, then won with a run in the bottom of the ninth inning.
Xavier Avery and Ji-Man Choi hit home runs for Tacoma.
Everett wins in 10th
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Everett scored five runs in the top of the 10th inning to defeat host Boise 13-8. The AquaSox had 20 hits.