COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Hernan Iribarren’s bases-loaded single in the bottom of the ninth inning capped a Colorado Springs comeback for a 12-11 Pacific Coast League win over Tacoma Thursday night.
The Rainiers (44-31) lost despite four home runs, including two by Carlos Peguero. Franklin Gutierrez hit a three-run shot and Abraham Almonte also went deep for Tacoma.
Gutierrez, hitting .232 for the Rainiers, also doubled and finished 2 for 5.
Tacoma led 11-4 before starter Hector Noesi and the bullpen caved in. Noesi was chased before getting an out during the six-run SkySox sixth. He gave up eight runs — all earned — and 10 hits.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
Most Read Stories
Brian Moran (2-3) took the loss and blew the save in the ninth.
From team reports.