COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Hernan Iribarren’s bases-loaded single in the bottom of the ninth inning capped a Colorado Springs comeback for a 12-11 Pacific Coast League win over Tacoma Thursday night.
The Rainiers (44-31) lost despite four home runs, including two by Carlos Peguero. Franklin Gutierrez hit a three-run shot and Abraham Almonte also went deep for Tacoma.
Gutierrez, hitting .232 for the Rainiers, also doubled and finished 2 for 5.
Tacoma led 11-4 before starter Hector Noesi and the bullpen caved in. Noesi was chased before getting an out during the six-run SkySox sixth. He gave up eight runs — all earned — and 10 hits.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
Most Read Stories
Brian Moran (2-3) took the loss and blew the save in the ninth.
From team reports.