COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Hernan Iribarren’s bases-loaded single in the bottom of the ninth inning capped a Colorado Springs comeback for a 12-11 Pacific Coast League win over Tacoma Thursday night.
The Rainiers (44-31) lost despite four home runs, including two by Carlos Peguero. Franklin Gutierrez hit a three-run shot and Abraham Almonte also went deep for Tacoma.
Gutierrez, hitting .232 for the Rainiers, also doubled and finished 2 for 5.
Tacoma led 11-4 before starter Hector Noesi and the bullpen caved in. Noesi was chased before getting an out during the six-run SkySox sixth. He gave up eight runs — all earned — and 10 hits.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Brian Moran (2-3) took the loss and blew the save in the ninth.
From team reports.