The Reno Aces couldn't overcome an early 7-0 deficit in the Pacific Coast League Game.
TACOMA — The Tacoma Rainers beat up on Reno starter Zach Kroenke (6-4) in a seven-run second inning en route to a 14-5 win over the Aces Tuesday night at Cheney Stadium in Pacific Coast League action.
Franklin Gutierrez’s three-run homer capped the second-inning blitz that gave the Rainers an insurmountable cushion early on. Gutierrez added another homer in the sixth inning in his three-hit night that also included a double.
D.J. Mitchell (1-2) earned his first win for the Rainiers, allowing five hits and three runs over six innings.
Eugene 7, at Everett 5
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox’s late rally came up short as they fell to Eugene in a Northwest League game.
Dylan Unsworth (6-2) took the loss after giving up eight hits in seven innings.