Alex Liddi, Nick Franklin and Brandon Bantz homered and Danny Hultzen pitched five hitless innings as Tacoma beat Reno on Sunday.
TACOMA — Alex Liddi, Nick Franklin and Brandon Bantz homered as Tacoma beat Reno 4-3 in the Pacific Coast League on Sunday at Cheney Stadium.
Liddi’s two-run homer in the eighth was the difference. It scored Franklin Gutierrez, who had singled. Gutierrez, on a rehab assignment with the Mariners, went 2 for 4 with a double.
Danny Hultzen pitched five hitless innings, but walked three in a rocky first inning for Tacoma (55-74). He struck out six.
AquaSox win big
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
EVERETT — Marcus Littlewood’s two-out grand slam in the seventh inning powered Everett to a 7-1 Northwest League win over Eugene at Everett Memorial Stadium. Ketel Marte went 4 for 4 with three runs for the AquaSox (12-14).
From web reports