Luis Antonio Jimenez capped a 4-for-4 game with a run-scoring double in the bottom of the ninth inning to give Tacoma a 3-2 Pacific Coast League win.
TACOMA — Luis Antonio Jimenez hit a run-scoring double in the bottom of the ninth inning to give Tacoma a 3-2 Pacific Coast League win over New Orleans on Sunday before 4,929 at Cheney Stadium.
Jimenez also hit his 15th homer, a solo shot, while going 4 for 4 to lift his average to .307. Guillermo Quiroz added a solo home run for the Rainiers (50-66).
Danny Farquhar (2-2) allowed two hits in three scoreless innings of relief to win it.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks
Most Read Stories
EVERETT — Michael Mergenthaler went 4 for 5 with three doubles and four RBI to lead Salem-Keizer to a 9-5 Northwest League win over the Everett AquaSox.
Mike Zunino hit his seventh home run in only 22 games, a two-run shot, for the AquaSox (5-7).
From league reports