Luis Antonio Jimenez capped a 4-for-4 game with a run-scoring double in the bottom of the ninth inning to give Tacoma a 3-2 Pacific Coast League win.
TACOMA — Luis Antonio Jimenez hit a run-scoring double in the bottom of the ninth inning to give Tacoma a 3-2 Pacific Coast League win over New Orleans on Sunday before 4,929 at Cheney Stadium.
Jimenez also hit his 15th homer, a solo shot, while going 4 for 4 to lift his average to .307. Guillermo Quiroz added a solo home run for the Rainiers (50-66).
Danny Farquhar (2-2) allowed two hits in three scoreless innings of relief to win it.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
EVERETT — Michael Mergenthaler went 4 for 5 with three doubles and four RBI to lead Salem-Keizer to a 9-5 Northwest League win over the Everett AquaSox.
Mike Zunino hit his seventh home run in only 22 games, a two-run shot, for the AquaSox (5-7).
From league reports