COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Carlos Peguero doubled, tripled, drew a bases-loaded walk and drove in six runs to lead Tacoma to a 16-4 Pacific Coast League rout of Colorado Springs on Wednesday.
Dustin Ackley and Alex Liddi each had three hits for the Rainiers (44-30), who had 16 hits. Ackley has hit safely in 18 of his last 19 games and is batting .400 since joining Tacoma on May 28. Liddi hit a two-run homer and Robert Andino had a solo shot for the Rainiers.
Jonathan Arias (2-1) earned the victory with 32
3 innings of relief.
At Everett 4, Tri-City 3
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
Rigoberto Garcia (2-0) pitched six scoreless innings and the AquaSox (5-1) survived a three-run ninth by the Dust Devils for a Northwest League victory.
From team reports.