COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Carlos Peguero doubled, tripled, drew a bases-loaded walk and drove in six runs to lead Tacoma to a 16-4 Pacific Coast League rout of Colorado Springs on Wednesday.
Dustin Ackley and Alex Liddi each had three hits for the Rainiers (44-30), who had 16 hits. Ackley has hit safely in 18 of his last 19 games and is batting .400 since joining Tacoma on May 28. Liddi hit a two-run homer and Robert Andino had a solo shot for the Rainiers.
Jonathan Arias (2-1) earned the victory with 32
3 innings of relief.
At Everett 4, Tri-City 3
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
Most Read Stories
Rigoberto Garcia (2-0) pitched six scoreless innings and the AquaSox (5-1) survived a three-run ninth by the Dust Devils for a Northwest League victory.
From team reports.