COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Carlos Peguero doubled, tripled, drew a bases-loaded walk and drove in six runs to lead Tacoma to a 16-4 Pacific Coast League rout of Colorado Springs on Wednesday.
Dustin Ackley and Alex Liddi each had three hits for the Rainiers (44-30), who had 16 hits. Ackley has hit safely in 18 of his last 19 games and is batting .400 since joining Tacoma on May 28. Liddi hit a two-run homer and Robert Andino had a solo shot for the Rainiers.
Jonathan Arias (2-1) earned the victory with 32
3 innings of relief.
At Everett 4, Tri-City 3
- 2 killed, thousands lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
Most Read Stories
Rigoberto Garcia (2-0) pitched six scoreless innings and the AquaSox (5-1) survived a three-run ninth by the Dust Devils for a Northwest League victory.
From team reports.