TUCSON, Ariz. — James Paxton threw a five-hit shutout as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Tucson Padres 7-0 Monday night in a Pacific Coast League game.
Paxton (6-6) walked two and struck out four. He threw 104 pitches.
Stefen Romero drove in five runs for the Rainiers (54-38). He was 3 for 4 with a grand slam. Carlos Peguero also had three hits for Tacoma. Abraham Almonte and Scott Savastano each had two hits.
At Everett 3, Salem-Keizer 2
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
Four AquaSox pitchers combined on a seven-hitter in this Northwest League game.
Lars Huijer (3-1) pitched the first five innings, allowing one run on two hits and striking out five. Nick Valenza got his first save.
Phillips Castillo homered for Everett (18-7). Jack Reinheimer and D.J. Peterson also drove in runs.
From Internet reports