TUCSON, Ariz. — James Paxton threw a five-hit shutout as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Tucson Padres 7-0 Monday night in a Pacific Coast League game.
Paxton (6-6) walked two and struck out four. He threw 104 pitches.
Stefen Romero drove in five runs for the Rainiers (54-38). He was 3 for 4 with a grand slam. Carlos Peguero also had three hits for Tacoma. Abraham Almonte and Scott Savastano each had two hits.
At Everett 3, Salem-Keizer 2
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Four AquaSox pitchers combined on a seven-hitter in this Northwest League game.
Lars Huijer (3-1) pitched the first five innings, allowing one run on two hits and striking out five. Nick Valenza got his first save.
Phillips Castillo homered for Everett (18-7). Jack Reinheimer and D.J. Peterson also drove in runs.
From Internet reports