Francisco Pena’s RBI single in the first inning held up as the winning run in Omaha’s 2-1 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Friday at Cheney Stadium.
Pena drove in Johnny Giavotella, who had doubled in the first run.
Tacoma scored in the bottom of the first on a sacrifice fly.
At Everett 6, Eugene 1
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
Most Read Stories
Phillips Castillo hit a two-run homer and double to help the AquaSox to a victory over the Emeralds.
Kristian Brito also homered for Everett.