Francisco Pena’s RBI single in the first inning held up as the winning run in Omaha’s 2-1 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Friday at Cheney Stadium.
Pena drove in Johnny Giavotella, who had doubled in the first run.
Tacoma scored in the bottom of the first on a sacrifice fly.
At Everett 6, Eugene 1
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
Most Read Stories
Phillips Castillo hit a two-run homer and double to help the AquaSox to a victory over the Emeralds.
Kristian Brito also homered for Everett.