Francisco Pena’s RBI single in the first inning held up as the winning run in Omaha’s 2-1 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Friday at Cheney Stadium.
Pena drove in Johnny Giavotella, who had doubled in the first run.
Tacoma scored in the bottom of the first on a sacrifice fly.
At Everett 6, Eugene 1
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Priced out: Has the King County diaspora begun?
Most Read Stories
Phillips Castillo hit a two-run homer and double to help the AquaSox to a victory over the Emeralds.
Kristian Brito also homered for Everett.