Francisco Pena’s RBI single in the first inning held up as the winning run in Omaha’s 2-1 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Friday at Cheney Stadium.
Pena drove in Johnny Giavotella, who had doubled in the first run.
Tacoma scored in the bottom of the first on a sacrifice fly.
At Everett 6, Eugene 1
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Did she blow? NW submarine volcano likely just erupted
Most Read Stories
Phillips Castillo hit a two-run homer and double to help the AquaSox to a victory over the Emeralds.
Kristian Brito also homered for Everett.