Francisco Pena’s RBI single in the first inning held up as the winning run in Omaha’s 2-1 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers on Friday at Cheney Stadium.
Pena drove in Johnny Giavotella, who had doubled in the first run.
Tacoma scored in the bottom of the first on a sacrifice fly.
At Everett 6, Eugene 1
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Phillips Castillo hit a two-run homer and double to help the AquaSox to a victory over the Emeralds.
Kristian Brito also homered for Everett.