Mike Zunino and Carlos Peguero each had three hits, but the Tacoma Rainiers were dealt a 6-1 series-opening loss to the Oklahoma City RedHawks...
OKLAHOMA CITY — Mike Zunino and Carlos Peguero each had three hits, but the Tacoma Rainiers were dealt a 6-1 series-opening loss to the Oklahoma City RedHawks at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark on Tuesday.
Tacoma gave up three runs in the bottom of the third inning. Andrew Simunic scored from third on a ground out, and Jake Elmore (3 for 4, double, triple) and Brett Wallace each drove in a run.
Marc Krauss hit a solo homer in the fourth and Wallace hit a two-run homer in the eighth as the RedHawks took a 6-0 lead.
Zunino and Peguero combined for six of the Rainiers’ seven hits. Peguero homered in the ninth for the Rainiers’ run.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
Jeremy Bonderman (2-3) suffered the loss after allowing four runs on seven hits in seven innings. He walked one and struck out three.