TACOMA — Nick Franklin’s tiebreaking single in the 10th inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers a 4-3 walkoff victory over the Oklahoma City RedHawks in front of 6,254 at Cheney Stadium on Sunday.
Franklin drove in Ty Kelly from third base with a two-out single to right field. The victory marked the third walkoff win for the Rainiers in the past six games.
Tacoma (35-41) trailed 3-0 before Michael Saunders hit an RBI triple in the third inning and Justin Smoak hit a sacrifice fly. In the fourth, Gabriel Noriega hit a run-scoring double. Corey Hart, in the second game of his rehab assignment with Tacoma, had two singles.
Everett 6, at Salem-Keizer 2
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Phillips Castillo hit a three-run double during a six-run outburst in the seventh inning as the AquaSox beat the Volcanoes in Northwest League action. Wilton Martinez added a two-run homer for Everett (3-7).
From team and Internet reports.