Franklin, called up from AA Jackson this week, hit a two-run double in a five-run Tacoma eighth inning in a 9-1 win over Reno.
TACOMA — Nick Franklin hit a two-run double in his Tacoma debut and Blake Beavan pitched seven innings as the Rainiers beat Reno 9-1 in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night before 4,583 at Cheney Stadium.
Franklin, promoted after hitting .322 for AA Jackson, struck out in his first three at-bats before keying a five-run Rainiers eighth with his two-out double.
Carlos Triunfel hit a two-run homer for the Rainiers (30-43).
Beavan (1-0) scattered nine hits and allowed one run.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
Most Read Stories
Also called up from Jackson with Franklin this week was left-hander Danny Hultzen, who will make his first start for the Rainiers Saturday at Colorado Springs. Hultzen went 8-3 with a 1.19 earned-run average in the Southern League, finishing with a streak of 26-2/3 scoreless innings.
EVERETT — Patrick Kivlehan led off the 10th inning with a double and scored on an outfield error to give the Everett AquaSox a 7-6 Northwest League win over Spokane before a crowd of 2,531 at Everett Memorial Stadium.
Former Washington State first baseman Taylor Ard went 3 for 5 with a double for the AquaSox (5-2).