Franklin, called up from AA Jackson this week, hit a two-run double in a five-run Tacoma eighth inning in a 9-1 win over Reno.
TACOMA — Nick Franklin hit a two-run double in his Tacoma debut and Blake Beavan pitched seven innings as the Rainiers beat Reno 9-1 in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night before 4,583 at Cheney Stadium.
Franklin, promoted after hitting .322 for AA Jackson, struck out in his first three at-bats before keying a five-run Rainiers eighth with his two-out double.
Carlos Triunfel hit a two-run homer for the Rainiers (30-43).
Beavan (1-0) scattered nine hits and allowed one run.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Seahawks waive 5 players, including former starting center Drew Nowak and former Husky Josh Shirley
Most Read Stories
Also called up from Jackson with Franklin this week was left-hander Danny Hultzen, who will make his first start for the Rainiers Saturday at Colorado Springs. Hultzen went 8-3 with a 1.19 earned-run average in the Southern League, finishing with a streak of 26-2/3 scoreless innings.
EVERETT — Patrick Kivlehan led off the 10th inning with a double and scored on an outfield error to give the Everett AquaSox a 7-6 Northwest League win over Spokane before a crowd of 2,531 at Everett Memorial Stadium.
Former Washington State first baseman Taylor Ard went 3 for 5 with a double for the AquaSox (5-2).