Franklin, called up from AA Jackson this week, hit a two-run double in a five-run Tacoma eighth inning in a 9-1 win over Reno.
TACOMA — Nick Franklin hit a two-run double in his Tacoma debut and Blake Beavan pitched seven innings as the Rainiers beat Reno 9-1 in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night before 4,583 at Cheney Stadium.
Franklin, promoted after hitting .322 for AA Jackson, struck out in his first three at-bats before keying a five-run Rainiers eighth with his two-out double.
Carlos Triunfel hit a two-run homer for the Rainiers (30-43).
Beavan (1-0) scattered nine hits and allowed one run.
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
Most Read Stories
Also called up from Jackson with Franklin this week was left-hander Danny Hultzen, who will make his first start for the Rainiers Saturday at Colorado Springs. Hultzen went 8-3 with a 1.19 earned-run average in the Southern League, finishing with a streak of 26-2/3 scoreless innings.
EVERETT — Patrick Kivlehan led off the 10th inning with a double and scored on an outfield error to give the Everett AquaSox a 7-6 Northwest League win over Spokane before a crowd of 2,531 at Everett Memorial Stadium.
Former Washington State first baseman Taylor Ard went 3 for 5 with a double for the AquaSox (5-2).