Two Tacoma Rainiers played for the Pacific Coast League squad in Wednesday’s Triple-A All-Star Game in Reno. Left-hander Brian Moran threw one scoreless inning, striking out two, and outfielder Carlos Peguero got an at-bat in the seventh inning and drew a walk.
The International League all-stars beat the PCL all-stars 4-3.
Moran threw 18 pitches in his inning — 13 were strikes.
AquaSox win 7-6
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
The Everett AquaSox broke out against the Vancouver bullpen and held on for a 7-6 win Wednesday before 3,737 fans at Everett Memorial Stadium in a Northwest League game. The win pushed Everett’s lead over Vancouver in the NWL North Division to three games with five to play in the season’s first half. Justin Seager hit his second home run and scored three runs as the AquaSox scored six times in the sixth and seventh innings.