Two Tacoma Rainiers played for the Pacific Coast League squad in Wednesday’s Triple-A All-Star Game in Reno. Left-hander Brian Moran threw one scoreless inning, striking out two, and outfielder Carlos Peguero got an at-bat in the seventh inning and drew a walk.
The International League all-stars beat the PCL all-stars 4-3.
Moran threw 18 pitches in his inning — 13 were strikes.
AquaSox win 7-6
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
The Everett AquaSox broke out against the Vancouver bullpen and held on for a 7-6 win Wednesday before 3,737 fans at Everett Memorial Stadium in a Northwest League game. The win pushed Everett’s lead over Vancouver in the NWL North Division to three games with five to play in the season’s first half. Justin Seager hit his second home run and scored three runs as the AquaSox scored six times in the sixth and seventh innings.