Two Tacoma Rainiers played for the Pacific Coast League squad in Wednesday’s Triple-A All-Star Game in Reno. Left-hander Brian Moran threw one scoreless inning, striking out two, and outfielder Carlos Peguero got an at-bat in the seventh inning and drew a walk.
The International League all-stars beat the PCL all-stars 4-3.
Moran threw 18 pitches in his inning — 13 were strikes.
AquaSox win 7-6
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
Most Read Stories
The Everett AquaSox broke out against the Vancouver bullpen and held on for a 7-6 win Wednesday before 3,737 fans at Everett Memorial Stadium in a Northwest League game. The win pushed Everett’s lead over Vancouver in the NWL North Division to three games with five to play in the season’s first half. Justin Seager hit his second home run and scored three runs as the AquaSox scored six times in the sixth and seventh innings.