Mike Zunino hit his first home run as a pro, and Taylor Ard finished a double short of the cycle in Everett's 11-2 rout of Salem-Keizer.
KEIZER, Ore. — Taylor Ard was a double shy of the cycle and Mike Zunino hit his first home run as a professional in Everett’s 11-2 Northwest League rout of Salem-Keizer on Monday night.
Zunino went 2 for 5 and has hit safely in all three games for the AquaSox since signing with the Mariners. His solo homer came in the ninth.
Ard drove in four runs, Patrick Kivlehan homered and drove in three and Christopher Taylor went 4 for 5 for Everett (23-8).
River Cats beat Rainiers
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
TACOMA — Leadoff batter Darren Ford homered twice, but the Tacoma Rainiers managed only two other hits and lost 5-2 to Sacramento in the Pacific Coast League.
Ford’s solo shots came in the first and sixth innings against River Cats right-hander Graham Godfrey (9-0), who remained unbeaten. The Rainiers’ only other hits were singles by Alex Liddi and Trayvon Robinson.
Steve Garrison (0-2) took the loss, allowing eight hits and five runs in seven innings for Tacoma (40-54).