Catcher Mike Zunino was 2 for 4 with a double but his Tacoma Rainiers struggled and lost for the third straight game, 3-1 at Oklahoma City...
Catcher Mike Zunino was 2 for 4 with a double but his Tacoma Rainiers struggled and lost for the third straight game, 3-1 at Oklahoma City on Thursday in a Pacific Coast League game.
Blake Beavan started for Tacoma (21-14) and allowed three runs, two earned, with two strikeouts in 5-2/3 innings of work. Beavan has a 5.91 ERA in two starts at Class AAA this season. Beavan was sent down by the Mariners last week.
Zunino is hitting .232.
The Rainiers left 11 runners in scoring position against the RedHawks (21-12) and managed only six hits.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
Left fielder Stefen Romero had two hits. Rich Poythress drove in the Rainiers’ only run, on a ground out in the ninth inning, scoring Zunino, who had doubled to lead off the inning. It was Zunino’s sixth double of the season.
From a Web report