Catcher Mike Zunino was 2 for 4 with a double but his Tacoma Rainiers struggled and lost for the third straight game, 3-1 at Oklahoma City...
Catcher Mike Zunino was 2 for 4 with a double but his Tacoma Rainiers struggled and lost for the third straight game, 3-1 at Oklahoma City on Thursday in a Pacific Coast League game.
Blake Beavan started for Tacoma (21-14) and allowed three runs, two earned, with two strikeouts in 5-2/3 innings of work. Beavan has a 5.91 ERA in two starts at Class AAA this season. Beavan was sent down by the Mariners last week.
Zunino is hitting .232.
The Rainiers left 11 runners in scoring position against the RedHawks (21-12) and managed only six hits.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Left fielder Stefen Romero had two hits. Rich Poythress drove in the Rainiers’ only run, on a ground out in the ninth inning, scoring Zunino, who had doubled to lead off the inning. It was Zunino’s sixth double of the season.
From a Web report