Catcher Mike Zunino was 2 for 4 with a double but his Tacoma Rainiers struggled and lost for the third straight game, 3-1 at Oklahoma City...
Catcher Mike Zunino was 2 for 4 with a double but his Tacoma Rainiers struggled and lost for the third straight game, 3-1 at Oklahoma City on Thursday in a Pacific Coast League game.
Blake Beavan started for Tacoma (21-14) and allowed three runs, two earned, with two strikeouts in 5-2/3 innings of work. Beavan has a 5.91 ERA in two starts at Class AAA this season. Beavan was sent down by the Mariners last week.
Zunino is hitting .232.
The Rainiers left 11 runners in scoring position against the RedHawks (21-12) and managed only six hits.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
Most Read Stories
Left fielder Stefen Romero had two hits. Rich Poythress drove in the Rainiers’ only run, on a ground out in the ninth inning, scoring Zunino, who had doubled to lead off the inning. It was Zunino’s sixth double of the season.
From a Web report