TACOMA — Michael Saunders, on a rehab assignment after a shoulder injury, was the only highlight for Tacoma as the Rainiers dropped an 11-4 decision Friday to Colorado Springs.
Saunders, leading off as the designated hitter, went 3 for 4 with two RBI for the Rainiers (33-41). Nick Franklin added a solo home run for Tacoma. The Sky Sox (31-43) had 16 hits off five Tacoma pitchers.
Everett 11, at Tri-City 5
Designated hitter Phillips Castillo had a homer, a double and four RBI as the AquaSox (2-6) beat the Dust Devils (3-5) in Northwest League play. Taylor Smart added three singles in Everett’s 14-hit attack and had two RBI.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Chicken recipes: some new, some old, all delicious
Most Read Stories
From team reports