TACOMA — Michael Saunders, on a rehab assignment after a shoulder injury, was the only highlight for Tacoma as the Rainiers dropped an 11-4 decision Friday to Colorado Springs.
Saunders, leading off as the designated hitter, went 3 for 4 with two RBI for the Rainiers (33-41). Nick Franklin added a solo home run for Tacoma. The Sky Sox (31-43) had 16 hits off five Tacoma pitchers.
Everett 11, at Tri-City 5
Designated hitter Phillips Castillo had a homer, a double and four RBI as the AquaSox (2-6) beat the Dust Devils (3-5) in Northwest League play. Taylor Smart added three singles in Everett’s 14-hit attack and had two RBI.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
From team reports