TACOMA — Michael Saunders, on a rehab assignment after a shoulder injury, was the only highlight for Tacoma as the Rainiers dropped an 11-4 decision Friday to Colorado Springs.
Saunders, leading off as the designated hitter, went 3 for 4 with two RBI for the Rainiers (33-41). Nick Franklin added a solo home run for Tacoma. The Sky Sox (31-43) had 16 hits off five Tacoma pitchers.
Everett 11, at Tri-City 5
Designated hitter Phillips Castillo had a homer, a double and four RBI as the AquaSox (2-6) beat the Dust Devils (3-5) in Northwest League play. Taylor Smart added three singles in Everett’s 14-hit attack and had two RBI.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
From team reports