TACOMA — Michael Saunders, on a rehab assignment after a shoulder injury, was the only highlight for Tacoma as the Rainiers dropped an 11-4 decision Friday to Colorado Springs.
Saunders, leading off as the designated hitter, went 3 for 4 with two RBI for the Rainiers (33-41). Nick Franklin added a solo home run for Tacoma. The Sky Sox (31-43) had 16 hits off five Tacoma pitchers.
Everett 11, at Tri-City 5
Designated hitter Phillips Castillo had a homer, a double and four RBI as the AquaSox (2-6) beat the Dust Devils (3-5) in Northwest League play. Taylor Smart added three singles in Everett’s 14-hit attack and had two RBI.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income
Most Read Stories
From team reports