TACOMA — Michael Saunders, on a rehab assignment after a shoulder injury, was the only highlight for Tacoma as the Rainiers dropped an 11-4 decision Friday to Colorado Springs.
Saunders, leading off as the designated hitter, went 3 for 4 with two RBI for the Rainiers (33-41). Nick Franklin added a solo home run for Tacoma. The Sky Sox (31-43) had 16 hits off five Tacoma pitchers.
Everett 11, at Tri-City 5
Designated hitter Phillips Castillo had a homer, a double and four RBI as the AquaSox (2-6) beat the Dust Devils (3-5) in Northwest League play. Taylor Smart added three singles in Everett’s 14-hit attack and had two RBI.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
Most Read Stories
From team reports