MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Redbirds rode a three-run rally en route to a 7-4 victory over the visiting Tacoma Rainiers on Tuesday night.
Trailing 4-3 in the fifth, Memphis scored the final four runs of the game and was backed by 42/3 scoreless innings from relievers Heath Wyatt (1-2), Dean Kiekhefer and Eric Fornataro.
Jabari Blash collected three hits and drove in two runs and Logan Morrison homered for the Rainiers.
In his first start since going on the disabled list with a broken finger on May 15, infielder Chris Taylor went 1 for 3 — a double — and a run.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
Most Read Stories
Memphis’ Scott Moore had a pair of doubles and two runs batted in.