Raul Ibanez and Kyle Seager connected for two more homers for the Seattle Mariners, who beat the Rockies 16-6 Monday.
Nolan Arenado hit his third home run in three games for Colorado, but Raul Ibanez and Kyle Seager connected for two more homers for the Seattle Mariners, who beat the Rockies 16-6 Monday.
Arenado’s solo shot came off Seattle right-hander Taijuan Walker in the fourth inning. Walker pitched a perfect third inning before giving up three runs on four hits and three walks in the fourth.
The 21-year-old Arenado went 2 for 3, lifting his spring batting average to .411 with four home runs and eight RBIs. Arenado has never appeared in the big leagues and was expected to begin the season at Triple-A, while fourth-year veteran Chris Nelson starts at third base.
Seattle leads all teams with 24 home runs.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?