Raul Ibanez and Kyle Seager connected for two more homers for the Seattle Mariners, who beat the Rockies 16-6 Monday.
Nolan Arenado hit his third home run in three games for Colorado, but Raul Ibanez and Kyle Seager connected for two more homers for the Seattle Mariners, who beat the Rockies 16-6 Monday.
Arenado’s solo shot came off Seattle right-hander Taijuan Walker in the fourth inning. Walker pitched a perfect third inning before giving up three runs on four hits and three walks in the fourth.
The 21-year-old Arenado went 2 for 3, lifting his spring batting average to .411 with four home runs and eight RBIs. Arenado has never appeared in the big leagues and was expected to begin the season at Triple-A, while fourth-year veteran Chris Nelson starts at third base.
Seattle leads all teams with 24 home runs.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars