Raul Ibanez and Kyle Seager connected for two more homers for the Seattle Mariners, who beat the Rockies 16-6 Monday.
Nolan Arenado hit his third home run in three games for Colorado, but Raul Ibanez and Kyle Seager connected for two more homers for the Seattle Mariners, who beat the Rockies 16-6 Monday.
Arenado’s solo shot came off Seattle right-hander Taijuan Walker in the fourth inning. Walker pitched a perfect third inning before giving up three runs on four hits and three walks in the fourth.
The 21-year-old Arenado went 2 for 3, lifting his spring batting average to .411 with four home runs and eight RBIs. Arenado has never appeared in the big leagues and was expected to begin the season at Triple-A, while fourth-year veteran Chris Nelson starts at third base.
Seattle leads all teams with 24 home runs.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft