Seattle rallied for seven runs in the final three innings to defeat the L.A. Angels 9-8 in Cactus League play on Monday.
Brendan Ryan homered and Justin Smoak doubled and singled to help lead the Mariners to a 9-8 win over the L.A. Angels on Monday.
Mike Trout singled in his first at-bat this spring and scored twice for the Los Angeles Angels in a 9-8 loss to the Seattle Mariners.
The 20-year-old Trout, the AL Rookie of the Year and runner-up in the MVP voting last season, also walked.
Hank Conger homered, doubled, singled and drove in five runs for the Angels. He hit a three-run homer in the first off Jeremy Bonderman.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
The 30-year-old Bonderman, trying to secure a spot in Seattle’s rotation after missing the past two seasons, allowed two hits and a walk in his lone inning.
Seattle rallied for seven runs in the final three innings.