Seattle rallied for seven runs in the final three innings to defeat the L.A. Angels 9-8 in Cactus League play on Monday.
Brendan Ryan homered and Justin Smoak doubled and singled to help lead the Mariners to a 9-8 win over the L.A. Angels on Monday.
Mike Trout singled in his first at-bat this spring and scored twice for the Los Angeles Angels in a 9-8 loss to the Seattle Mariners.
The 20-year-old Trout, the AL Rookie of the Year and runner-up in the MVP voting last season, also walked.
Hank Conger homered, doubled, singled and drove in five runs for the Angels. He hit a three-run homer in the first off Jeremy Bonderman.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
Most Read Stories
The 30-year-old Bonderman, trying to secure a spot in Seattle’s rotation after missing the past two seasons, allowed two hits and a walk in his lone inning.
Seattle rallied for seven runs in the final three innings.