Outfield, Class A Clinton
Selected in the third round of the 2013 MLB amateur draft out of Maple Ridge, B.C., O’Neill is back and raking. After missing the last three months with a broken hand that he suffered from punching a dugout wall in frustration, the hard-hitting outfielder is making up for lost time in his return to the LumberKings. Going into Saturday, O’Neill is hitting .270 (43 for 159) with an .881 OPS in 41 games this season with Clinton. In August, he’s hitting .320 (16 for 50) with five doubles, five homers and 14 runs batted in in 13 games.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Pitcher, Oakland A’s
The native from Walla Walla is back, and throwing well for the A’s. After undergoing season-ending Tommy John surgery last year with the Braves, O’Flaherty signed with Oakland in the offseason. He made his debut on July 4 and has been outstanding since. He has made 12 appearances and has allowed just two runs and struck out 10 batters in 12 innings.