Outfield, Class A High Desert
Selected in the 18th round of the 2012 MLB draft out of Florida International
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- How Evergreen State prof guided Supreme Court on gay marriage
Most Read Stories
Henry continues to dominate California League pitching. On Friday night in Modesto, Henry belted his 30th home run — the most of all Mariners minor-leaguers. Coming into Saturday, Henry had hit five home runs in his past 10 games and 16 in his last 49 games dating to July 1. At 6 feet 1, 200 pounds, Henry is strong with speed and a good throwing arm. This season he’s hitting .303 with 26 doubles, five triples, 30 homers and 95 RBI.
Ex-Mariner of the week
Infielder, Tampa Bay Rays/Durham Bulls
It’s now been a few weeks since the Mariners were part of the big three-team trade that sent Franklin to the Rays and landed them Austin Jackson from the Detroit Tigers. He’s off to a slow start with Class AAA Durham. Franklin is hitting .197 (13 for 66) with two doubles, two homers, five RBI, six walks and 21 strikeouts in 18 games. Regardless of numbers, the Rays will still likely call up Franklin on Sept. 1 when rosters expand.