Reliever Joaquin Benoit had a 3.60 ERA in five games with the Mariners this season.
The Mariners have placed relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe from Class AAA Tacoma.
Benoit, 38, hasn’t pitched since last Thursday, when he gave up two runs, including a home run, against Cleveland. His stint on the disabled list is retroactive to last Friday.
Benoit has made five appearances for the Mariners this season, all in the eighth inning.
Guaipe, 25, has a 2.16 ERA and three saves in six games for the Rainiers this season. He made his major-league debut with the Mariners last season but struggled at this level. He had a 5.40 ERA over 21 games with the Mariners last season.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Trump’s budget proposal zeros out $1.1 billion for Lynnwood light-rail line
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
We will meet with manager Scott Servais this afternoon and see what this means for the deployment of the bullpen.