Reliever Joaquin Benoit had a 3.60 ERA in five games with the Mariners this season.
The Mariners have placed relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe from Class AAA Tacoma.
Benoit, 38, hasn’t pitched since last Thursday, when he gave up two runs, including a home run, against Cleveland. His stint on the disabled list is retroactive to last Friday.
Benoit has made five appearances for the Mariners this season, all in the eighth inning.
Guaipe, 25, has a 2.16 ERA and three saves in six games for the Rainiers this season. He made his major-league debut with the Mariners last season but struggled at this level. He had a 5.40 ERA over 21 games with the Mariners last season.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- Seattle City Council picks Tim Burgess to replace Bruce Harrell as temporary mayor VIEW
We will meet with manager Scott Servais this afternoon and see what this means for the deployment of the bullpen.