Reliever Joaquin Benoit had a 3.60 ERA in five games with the Mariners this season.
The Mariners have placed relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe from Class AAA Tacoma.
Benoit, 38, hasn’t pitched since last Thursday, when he gave up two runs, including a home run, against Cleveland. His stint on the disabled list is retroactive to last Friday.
Benoit has made five appearances for the Mariners this season, all in the eighth inning.
Guaipe, 25, has a 2.16 ERA and three saves in six games for the Rainiers this season. He made his major-league debut with the Mariners last season but struggled at this level. He had a 5.40 ERA over 21 games with the Mariners last season.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air
We will meet with manager Scott Servais this afternoon and see what this means for the deployment of the bullpen.