Postgame notes, quotes, highlights, boxscore and video of manager Scott Servais following the Mariners 4-2 loss to the Angels on Sunday.
Most Read Stories
- Route 7 is one of Metro Transit’s most challenging bus lines, and driver Nathan Vass loves it VIEW
- WSU College Republicans leader steps down after being exposed as white-nationalist protester
- Bill Gates makes largest donation of Microsoft stock since 2000 with $4.6 billion gift
- Seattle rental applicants' criminal histories virtually off-limits under new law
- Projecting the Seahawks' 53-man roster following the rout of the Chargers
Quotes from the visitor’s clubhouse … Angels manager Mike Scioscia
On what he thought of Bridwell today: “I thought Parker was good. I think early he was missing with some counts, but as the game went on he brought a good change of speed into the game. Didn’t throw as many breaking balls, but when he did they were effective, and I think he just controlled the whole game and did a great job.”
On what he likes about the way his team has played over the 6 game winning streak: “Well, we’re just going to get to the next game. I don’t think we’re going to look back and say we did this or we did that. We know the challenge in front of us. We know the type of baseball we have to play. That’s really where our focus needs to be, and so we move on to Washington and get ready for Tuesday’s game, and just hopefully keep playing with the consistency we’ve shown.”
Robinson Canó (3×4, R, 2B) has doubled in 4 straight games… 7th time in his career with a double in at least 4 consecutive games (last: 9/21-25/13 w/NYY)…his career-best is 5 games straight games with a double
(5/10–16/05 with NYY)
- Tied Roberto Alomar for 57th-most doubles all-time with his 504th career double in the 1st inning… His 504 doubles lead the MLB since he entered the league in 2005, ahead of Miguel Cabrera, 489.
- Has 7 doubles in 12 games this month.
- Recorded his 34th multi-hit game of the season… T2nd on team with Nelson Cruz, trailing only Jean Segura (35).
- Collected his 8th game this season with 3-plus hits…ranks T3rd on the club (also: Ben Gamel) in 3+ hit games.
Jarrod Dyson (2×4, RBI, SB) extended his season-high hitting streak to 9 games (8/3 – c)… During the streak he is batting .412 (14×34) with 2 runs, 4 RBI, and 4 stolen bases.
- Recorded his American League-leading 28th stolen base.
Nelson Cruz (1×3, 2B, SF, RBI) has collected 14 RBI over his last 8 games (8/6-c)…Cruz’s 94 RBI lead the American League.
Guillermo Heredia (1×4) is batting .348 (16×46) with 6 doubles, 1 home run, and 8 RBI in his last 13 games (7/23-c), improving his batting average from .266 to .279 during that span.
Ariel Miranda tossed 4.2 innings allowing 4 runs, on 4 hits with 6 strikeouts.
- Surrendered a career-high 6 walks (previous: 5, 6/10/17 vs. TOR.
The Mariners bullpen combined to pitch 4.1 scoreless innings (Pazos 0.1, Bergman 4.0)…the bullpen entered today’s game ranked 3rdin the Majors with a 3.05 ERA (85 ER, 251 IP), trailing only LAA (3.03/82 ER, 243.1 IP) and BOS (2.90/72 ER, 223.2 IP).
LOS ANGELES ANGELS:
The Angels swept the Mariners in a series of at least 4 games for the first time since May 24-27, 2012 at Safeco Field.
- The Angels have won a season-high 6 consecutive games, and 12 of their last 16 games.
- Angels hitters combined to walk 7 times… 7th time this season the team has recorded at least 7 walks in a game.
- Every Angels starter reached base safely via hit or walk… 5 of 9 starters reached base multiple times.
Cameron Maybin (1×5, 2B) is batting .333 (15×45) with 3 doubles and 3 home runs when leading off a game this season, and is batting .217 (55×254) in all other at bats.
C.J. Cron (1×5, R, HR, RBI) is hitting .372 (16×43) with 9 runs, 3 doubles, 4 home runs, and 11 RBI this month.
- Has hit safely in 6 consecutive games (8/8-c), batting .458 (11×24) with 7 runs, 2 doubles, 3 home runs and 7 RBI during that span.
- Has hit 6 home runs in his last 19 games.
Parker Bridwell tossed 6 innings and allowed 1 run on 4 hits with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Has pitched 6+ innings and allowed 2 or fewer runs in 6 of his last 7 starts.
- The Angels are now 10-1 in games started by Bridwell… only loss came vs SEA on June 30th.
- Has recorded a win in each of his last 5 decisions.