Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 contract with the team Wednesday.
Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 deal on Wednesday, avoiding an arbitration case. Kelley had been seeking $1.2 million, and the club had offered $750,000.
Kelley, 28, went 2-4 with a 3.25 earned-run average in 47 relief outings with the Mariners last season. He has been with the team since breaking into the majors in 2009.
The Mariners now have all players on their roster under contract.
Geoff Baker: 206-464-8286 or email@example.com
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license