Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 contract with the team Wednesday.
Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 deal on Wednesday, avoiding an arbitration case. Kelley had been seeking $1.2 million, and the club had offered $750,000.
Kelley, 28, went 2-4 with a 3.25 earned-run average in 47 relief outings with the Mariners last season. He has been with the team since breaking into the majors in 2009.
The Mariners now have all players on their roster under contract.
Geoff Baker: 206-464-8286 or email@example.com
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Cassius Marsh could provide much-needed depth to Seahawks' defensive line