Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 contract with the team Wednesday.
Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 deal on Wednesday, avoiding an arbitration case. Kelley had been seeking $1.2 million, and the club had offered $750,000.
Kelley, 28, went 2-4 with a 3.25 earned-run average in 47 relief outings with the Mariners last season. He has been with the team since breaking into the majors in 2009.
The Mariners now have all players on their roster under contract.
Geoff Baker: 206-464-8286 or email@example.com
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect