Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 contract with the team Wednesday.
Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 deal on Wednesday, avoiding an arbitration case. Kelley had been seeking $1.2 million, and the club had offered $750,000.
Kelley, 28, went 2-4 with a 3.25 earned-run average in 47 relief outings with the Mariners last season. He has been with the team since breaking into the majors in 2009.
The Mariners now have all players on their roster under contract.
Geoff Baker: 206-464-8286 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU