Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 contract with the team Wednesday.
Mariners relief pitcher Shawn Kelley agreed to a reported $935,000 deal on Wednesday, avoiding an arbitration case. Kelley had been seeking $1.2 million, and the club had offered $750,000.
Kelley, 28, went 2-4 with a 3.25 earned-run average in 47 relief outings with the Mariners last season. He has been with the team since breaking into the majors in 2009.
The Mariners now have all players on their roster under contract.
Geoff Baker: 206-464-8286 or email@example.com
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract