LAS VEGAS, Nev. — Zach Lutz hit a two-out, three-run homer in the ninth inning to give Las Vegas an 8-6 Pacific Coast League win over the Tacoma Rainiers Tuesday night.
Tacoma (39-27) had gone ahead 6-4 in the top of the ninth on Brad Miller’s two-out, three-run hit that was officially ruled a single.
In the bottom of the ninth, the first two Las Vegas hitters struck out against Rainiers reliever Logan Bawcom (0-1) before the 51s strung together two walks and a run-scoring single.
Lutz then ended it with his blast to center field.
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Eric Thames homered and Dustin Ackley lifted his PCL average to .429 with a pair of singles for the Rainiers.