LAS VEGAS, Nev. — Zach Lutz hit a two-out, three-run homer in the ninth inning to give Las Vegas an 8-6 Pacific Coast League win over the Tacoma Rainiers Tuesday night.
Tacoma (39-27) had gone ahead 6-4 in the top of the ninth on Brad Miller’s two-out, three-run hit that was officially ruled a single.
In the bottom of the ninth, the first two Las Vegas hitters struck out against Rainiers reliever Logan Bawcom (0-1) before the 51s strung together two walks and a run-scoring single.
Lutz then ended it with his blast to center field.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
Eric Thames homered and Dustin Ackley lifted his PCL average to .429 with a pair of singles for the Rainiers.