TACOMA — Matt Fox pitched six scoreless innings as Las Vegas beat Tacoma 4-1 in a Pacific Coast League game on Sunday before 4,562 at Cheney Stadium.
It was the third consecutive loss for the Rainiers (48-36), who are tied with Round Rock, Texas, for the league’s best record.
Tacoma scored in the seventh before leaving the bases loaded. Scott Savastano’s one-out single drove in the run, but Robert Andino popped out and Abraham Almonte grounded out.
Brandon Maurer (2-2) took the loss.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
AquaSox lose wild one
EVERETT — A seven-run fifth inning helped Spokane beat Everett 10-9, snapping a seven-game Northwest League winning streak by the AquaSox.
Justin Seager was 3 for 4 with a double and Phillips Castillo was 3 for 5 with a home run and four RBI for Everett (14-3).