TACOMA — Matt Fox pitched six scoreless innings as Las Vegas beat Tacoma 4-1 in a Pacific Coast League game on Sunday before 4,562 at Cheney Stadium.
It was the third consecutive loss for the Rainiers (48-36), who are tied with Round Rock, Texas, for the league’s best record.
Tacoma scored in the seventh before leaving the bases loaded. Scott Savastano’s one-out single drove in the run, but Robert Andino popped out and Abraham Almonte grounded out.
Brandon Maurer (2-2) took the loss.
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
Most Read Stories
AquaSox lose wild one
EVERETT — A seven-run fifth inning helped Spokane beat Everett 10-9, snapping a seven-game Northwest League winning streak by the AquaSox.
Justin Seager was 3 for 4 with a double and Phillips Castillo was 3 for 5 with a home run and four RBI for Everett (14-3).