TACOMA — Matt Fox pitched six scoreless innings as Las Vegas beat Tacoma 4-1 in a Pacific Coast League game on Sunday before 4,562 at Cheney Stadium.
It was the third consecutive loss for the Rainiers (48-36), who are tied with Round Rock, Texas, for the league’s best record.
Tacoma scored in the seventh before leaving the bases loaded. Scott Savastano’s one-out single drove in the run, but Robert Andino popped out and Abraham Almonte grounded out.
Brandon Maurer (2-2) took the loss.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
AquaSox lose wild one
EVERETT — A seven-run fifth inning helped Spokane beat Everett 10-9, snapping a seven-game Northwest League winning streak by the AquaSox.
Justin Seager was 3 for 4 with a double and Phillips Castillo was 3 for 5 with a home run and four RBI for Everett (14-3).