TACOMA — Matt Fox pitched six scoreless innings as Las Vegas beat Tacoma 4-1 in a Pacific Coast League game on Sunday before 4,562 at Cheney Stadium.
It was the third consecutive loss for the Rainiers (48-36), who are tied with Round Rock, Texas, for the league’s best record.
Tacoma scored in the seventh before leaving the bases loaded. Scott Savastano’s one-out single drove in the run, but Robert Andino popped out and Abraham Almonte grounded out.
Brandon Maurer (2-2) took the loss.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
AquaSox lose wild one
EVERETT — A seven-run fifth inning helped Spokane beat Everett 10-9, snapping a seven-game Northwest League winning streak by the AquaSox.
Justin Seager was 3 for 4 with a double and Phillips Castillo was 3 for 5 with a home run and four RBI for Everett (14-3).