Elliot Johnson, Rays: Prior to a game with the Red Sox, he went out into the parking lot to play catch with fan Chris Bell, who had tweeted...
Elliot Johnson, Rays: Prior to a game with the Red Sox, he went out into the parking lot to play catch with fan Chris Bell, who had tweeted the invitation.
Roberto Hernandez, Indians: The former Fausto Carmona, who missed the first two-thirds of the season after his arrest for identity theft, lost all three games he started with a 7.53 ERA, and is now out indefinitely with a sprained ankle.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Luis Valbuena, Cubs: Valbuena, trying to show he deserves more playing time next season, didn’t help himself by getting picked off second base while adjusting his batting gloves in the sixth inning of a 6-5 loss to the Reds on Wednesday.
“If he makes us wait that long for the next one, it’s gasoline.” — Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, on the shaving-cream pie received by rookie Liam Hendriks for his first major-league win — in his 18th start.