George Brett, Royals: There's no guarantee he'll make an impact as the Royals' new interim hitting coach, but just having Hall of Famer...
George Brett, Royals: There’s no guarantee he’ll make an impact as the Royals’ new interim hitting coach, but just having Hall of Famer Brett back is great for baseball.
Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins: The Marlins star, sidelined since blowing out his right hamstring on April 29, had to back off his rehab because of knee pain, saddening both Marlins fans and fantasy players.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Pedro Grifol, Royals: Brett’s hiring received the focus, but the Royals also elevated Grifol, the former M’s farm director, to the major-league staff as a special-assignment coach. He’ll help Brett work with hitters.
“What are you asking me to do? Take my belt off and spank them? Yell at them? Scream at them?” — Royals manager Ned Yost, on criticism that he wasn’t holding his struggling team accountable.