Good times for Brian McCann, not so much for Madison Bumgarner.
Brad McCann: The former Marlins minor-leaguer gave batting tips to brother Brian that the Braves catcher credits with a power streak of seven homers in 14 games. Brad is now a hitting instructor in Alpharetta, Ga., with their father, Howie.
Madison Bumgarner, Giants: He became the first starter since 1900 to give up nine hits without getting a second out. The Twins started the game with eight straight hits. Bumgarner’s ERA for the game was 216.00 with a 27.00 WHIP.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Miguel Batista: Batista, who won 16 games for the Mariners in 2007, was released by the Cardinals on Tuesday. Batista, now 40, had given up nine runs in his past 2-2/3 innings.
“I wish Mr. Bud Selig would put us in the National League. I’d have a much better record.” — Ozzie Guillen, whose White Sox had won 17 consecutive interleague series entering the weekend.