Good times for Brian McCann, not so much for Madison Bumgarner.
Brad McCann: The former Marlins minor-leaguer gave batting tips to brother Brian that the Braves catcher credits with a power streak of seven homers in 14 games. Brad is now a hitting instructor in Alpharetta, Ga., with their father, Howie.
Madison Bumgarner, Giants: He became the first starter since 1900 to give up nine hits without getting a second out. The Twins started the game with eight straight hits. Bumgarner’s ERA for the game was 216.00 with a 27.00 WHIP.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Miguel Batista: Batista, who won 16 games for the Mariners in 2007, was released by the Cardinals on Tuesday. Batista, now 40, had given up nine runs in his past 2-2/3 innings.
“I wish Mr. Bud Selig would put us in the National League. I’d have a much better record.” — Ozzie Guillen, whose White Sox had won 17 consecutive interleague series entering the weekend.