The Cubs' Anthony Rizzo got off to a nice start this season. Dodgers star Matt Kemp, not so much.
Anthony Rizzo, Cubs: After not hitting a home run in spring — 48 at-bats in Cactus League, 17 for Team Italy — Rizzo homered on his first swing of the season, off Pittsburgh’s A.J. Burnett.
Matt Kemp, Dodgers: Coming off shoulder surgery in October but said to be healthy, Kemp was 0 for 10 in L.A.’s three-game series against San Francisco. He is hitless in his past 26 at-bats against the Giants.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Casey Kotchman, Marlins: After winning the first-base job, Kotchman blew out his left hamstring Wednesday running out a double-play ball. He’s on the disabled list.
“Hopefully in a couple weeks or months, I’m not getting asked all these questions about what size shoe I wear.” — White Sox catcher Tyler Flowers, not enjoying the attention that comes with replacing A.J. Pierzynski.