Brock Holt's hot hitting in his first four major-league games earns him this week's thumbs up.
Brock Holt, Pirates: In his fourth career game, Holt went 4 for 5 against Houston on Tuesday — just the second Pirates player since 1900 to have a four-hit game within his first four career games.
Dan Uggla, Braves: Uggla, an All-Star starter this year at second base, is hitting .152 over his last 75 games. Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said Uggla will no longer play every day.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Bob Melvin, A’s: In his first full season at Oakland’s helm, Melvin surprisingly has the A’s in strong playoff contention and is a leading contender for AL Manager of the Year.
“His swing is so short, he looks like he gets it off in a telephone booth.” — Pirates manager Clint Hurdle on rookie Brock Holt (see “Thumbs Up”), hitting a combined .347 this season.