Brock Holt's hot hitting in his first four major-league games earns him this week's thumbs up.
Brock Holt, Pirates: In his fourth career game, Holt went 4 for 5 against Houston on Tuesday — just the second Pirates player since 1900 to have a four-hit game within his first four career games.
Dan Uggla, Braves: Uggla, an All-Star starter this year at second base, is hitting .152 over his last 75 games. Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said Uggla will no longer play every day.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Bob Melvin, A’s: In his first full season at Oakland’s helm, Melvin surprisingly has the A’s in strong playoff contention and is a leading contender for AL Manager of the Year.
“His swing is so short, he looks like he gets it off in a telephone booth.” — Pirates manager Clint Hurdle on rookie Brock Holt (see “Thumbs Up”), hitting a combined .347 this season.