Matt Cain, Giants: He turned in the first perfect game in the 130-year history of the franchise. And let's give a little credit to Melky...
Matt Cain, Giants: He turned in the first perfect game in the 130-year history of the franchise. And let’s give a little credit to Melky Cabrera and, especially, Gregor Blanco for the defensive plays that made it possible.
Alex Rodriguez, Yankees: In three seasons with Texas, he was a three-time All-Star, won an MVP and led the AL in homers all three years. But Texas fans voted Michael Young and Elvis Andrus as the top two shortstops in club history.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Alex Rodriguez, Yankees: A-Rod’s grand slam Tuesday against the Braves was his 23rd, tied for the MLB career record with Yankees — and baseball — royalty, Lou Gehrig, who had held the record alone for almost 78 years.
“But the crazy thing is, in four days, I gotta pitch again.” — Giants pitcher Matt Cain, on the excitement surrounding his perfect game against the Astros.