Matt Cain, Giants: He turned in the first perfect game in the 130-year history of the franchise. And let's give a little credit to Melky...
Matt Cain, Giants: He turned in the first perfect game in the 130-year history of the franchise. And let’s give a little credit to Melky Cabrera and, especially, Gregor Blanco for the defensive plays that made it possible.
Alex Rodriguez, Yankees: In three seasons with Texas, he was a three-time All-Star, won an MVP and led the AL in homers all three years. But Texas fans voted Michael Young and Elvis Andrus as the top two shortstops in club history.
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Alex Rodriguez, Yankees: A-Rod’s grand slam Tuesday against the Braves was his 23rd, tied for the MLB career record with Yankees — and baseball — royalty, Lou Gehrig, who had held the record alone for almost 78 years.
“But the crazy thing is, in four days, I gotta pitch again.” — Giants pitcher Matt Cain, on the excitement surrounding his perfect game against the Astros.