Joe Torre: A horse he co-owns, Game On Dude, won the $147,000 California Stakes at Hollywood Park. The 5-year-old gelding has Triple Crown...
Joe Torre: A horse he co-owns, Game On Dude, won the $147,000 California Stakes at Hollywood Park. The 5-year-old gelding has Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew as one of his great-great grandsires.
Starlin Castro, Cubs: Castro forgot how many outs there were Monday, trotting off the field instead of trying to complete a double play. Manager Dale Sveum called it “the last straw” and said Castro won’t play if he’s not more alert.
- Artificially produced water delivers Israel from drought
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett admits he wants a new deal
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- 2nd man comes forward with accusation against Hastert
- Seahawks' honest approach won over cornerback Cary Williams in free-agency tour
Most Read Stories
of the week
Cliff Lee, Phillies: After nine starts, and sporting a fine 2.92 ERA, Lee is still looking for his first victory of 2012. The Phillies have scored 16 runs while he’s been on the mound.
“I wanted to know if he could throw me out for what I was thinking.” — Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon, on what he said to plate umpire D.J. Reyburn after an inning in which he didn’t like several calls.