Joe Torre: A horse he co-owns, Game On Dude, won the $147,000 California Stakes at Hollywood Park. The 5-year-old gelding has Triple Crown...
Joe Torre: A horse he co-owns, Game On Dude, won the $147,000 California Stakes at Hollywood Park. The 5-year-old gelding has Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew as one of his great-great grandsires.
Starlin Castro, Cubs: Castro forgot how many outs there were Monday, trotting off the field instead of trying to complete a double play. Manager Dale Sveum called it “the last straw” and said Castro won’t play if he’s not more alert.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
of the week
Cliff Lee, Phillies: After nine starts, and sporting a fine 2.92 ERA, Lee is still looking for his first victory of 2012. The Phillies have scored 16 runs while he’s been on the mound.
“I wanted to know if he could throw me out for what I was thinking.” — Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon, on what he said to plate umpire D.J. Reyburn after an inning in which he didn’t like several calls.