Joe Torre: A horse he co-owns, Game On Dude, won the $147,000 California Stakes at Hollywood Park. The 5-year-old gelding has Triple Crown...
Joe Torre: A horse he co-owns, Game On Dude, won the $147,000 California Stakes at Hollywood Park. The 5-year-old gelding has Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew as one of his great-great grandsires.
Starlin Castro, Cubs: Castro forgot how many outs there were Monday, trotting off the field instead of trying to complete a double play. Manager Dale Sveum called it “the last straw” and said Castro won’t play if he’s not more alert.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
Most Read Stories
of the week
Cliff Lee, Phillies: After nine starts, and sporting a fine 2.92 ERA, Lee is still looking for his first victory of 2012. The Phillies have scored 16 runs while he’s been on the mound.
“I wanted to know if he could throw me out for what I was thinking.” — Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon, on what he said to plate umpire D.J. Reyburn after an inning in which he didn’t like several calls.