Lou Marson, Indians: Marson caught 25 innings in 20 hours — a 16-inning, 4-3 win over Oakland on Wednesday night, and a 7-0 loss to...
Lou Marson, Indians: Marson caught 25 innings in 20 hours — a 16-inning, 4-3 win over Oakland on Wednesday night, and a 7-0 loss to the A’s on Thursday afternoon. “My shin guards felt heavy,” he said afterward.
Minnesota Twins: In the midst of a disappointing season, the Twins were hit with another blow Thursday when it was learned that Kyle Gibson, their top pitching prospect, needs Tommy John surgery.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Jack Hannahan, Indians: Hannahan, hitting .214 on July 31, batted .420 in the month of August (21 for 50) to raise his average to .249.
“It’s kind of ridiculous.” — Boston’s Dustin Pedroia on the 4-2 Red Sox-Yankees game on Thursday that took 4 hours and 21 minutes and featured 381 pitches.