Jim Henderson, Brewers. After 10 years kicking around the minors, the 29-year-old rookie has seized the Brewers' closing job following the...
Jim Henderson, Brewers. After 10 years kicking around the minors, the 29-year-old rookie has seized the Brewers’ closing job following the struggles of John Axford and Francisco Rodriguez.
Philadelphia Phillies: On Monday, they had their home sellout streak snapped at 257 games, and also absorbed their 60th loss, matching their total for the entire 2011 season.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Defenses will have tough choices to make vs. Seahawks, tight end Jimmy Graham
Most Read Stories
Ex-Mariner of the week
Jose Lopez, Indians: He became the fourth player designated for assignment by Cleveland during its 11-game losing streak, joining Derek Lowe, Johnny Damon and Jeremy Accardo. Lopez was hitting .218 since the All-Star break.
“Wow, I must have been really terrible then.” — Phillies backup catcher Eric Kratz, responding to manager Charlie Manuel’s comment that he had improved 100 percent since he first saw him two years ago.