Alfonso Soriano, Cubs: He had two doubles and two homers in his first game after the break, the fourth time in his career with at least...
Alfonso Soriano, Cubs: He had two doubles and two homers in his first game after the break, the fourth time in his career with at least four extra-base hits. Only 12 players have had four or more extra-base hits in three or more games.
John Axford, Brewers: After saving 46 of 48 games in 2011, including 43 in a row to end the season, Axford lost his job to Francisco Rodriguez after blowing his sixth save and earning his sixth defeat.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
of the week
Jack Wilson, Braves: Wilson’s hopes of holding down shortstop while Andrelton Simmons recovers from a broken bone in his right hand disappeared when he dislocated a finger.
“I was aware of it. (The PR guys) tell me about that crap every night. They were wanting me to fix it, I guess.” — Phillies manager Charlie Manuel, after his team, 0-38 when trailing after seven innings, came back to beat the Dodgers.